Mountains in the distance, the up and down, the colors, the dimension, the shape....
I prefer mountains to the ocean to see the grandness of God. I think I have decided this. There are mountains here in GA - they are more like the Appalachians than the Rockies, but in the distance on my drive to work, I see the mountains and I am reminded how small I am and how grand God is.
It's a good reminder. I am only about to begin day 4 of TownLoafer and I am discouraged. Maybe it's because it is new. Maybe it's because I am not doing it correctly. Maybe it's because I am bad at sales or networking. Maybe I am lazy. Maybe it's the discontentment of the Spirit within me. I don't know yet. But I am plenty discouraged. I consistently need the reminder that God is grand and His scope is wider than my own.
God's grandiosity is part of the reason that the trip to Kenya is so magnificent to me. In our first team meeting last night we highlighted the schedule of the trip and each time there was discussion about needing to be flexible my name came up. it was most often in regards to accommodations. God is grand. And I am not afraid. Looking forward to the bugs, desolation, destitution, corruption, and poverty? No. But I am not afraid. We are down to the WIRE in raising funds. Essentially, if we don't complete our fundraising by Monday, our tickets aren't bought, and we don't go this November. Will we go? Assuredly, but money must be in before adventures can be purchased. So, our prayer right now is for God's Kingdom-sized provision.
I hope you know that your identity has been defined by the Lord God. He is grand. And He calls you by name.
No comments:
Post a Comment