Bright and early Sunday October 5, I began the journey to Atlanta. My car was completely packed (!!! -- my dad didn't even believe that he could pack any more in it) and I signed off with love to those I care about in MN and drove on Interstate 94 with my sister. We had plans to make it to Franklin TN on Sunday. And we did. We played Car Bingo and asked great questions of each other. And Megan's impressions made me laugh so hard I would snort. Go figure. We got a little bit loopy and tired after 13 hours in the car (we still had more to go) and then found disappointment with a "GIANT" Superman statue (it was really only larger than life). But we made it to a new friend's home for a night of sleep.
Monday the 6th brought us the beauty of mountains in Southern Tennessee and the quiet of the drive. We arrived to Alpharetta and unpacked the car. My generous friends hosted a gathering for Megan and I and the Perez's to celebrate the new phase of life and ministry. It was a great night. I highly recommend Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes. YUM.
Today, Megan and I set out for a trip to Atlanta. We successfully navigated around without a map. GO TEAM. Sure, we asked a lot of questions, but we knew which streets to walk on and which direction to take. We saw the Botanical Gardens and some stunning Orchids. We ate lunch in the food court @ the CNN building. We observed funny kids running through the fountains @ Centennial Park. And we tasted just about 60 kinds of Coca Cola products at the Wonderful World of Coca Cola. Whoa. That museum is intensely interesting! Our sore legs carried us to a random stop on the MARTA train and to a restaurant we randomly sought out: Marlow's Tavern. After a full day of spelunking we fell onto the bed for a movie. We haven't formed plans for tomorrow. Except that she has to go to the airport. And here I'll stay.
That is insane! I'll be here in Atlanta for this new leg of the adventure in life and most of my memories take place in Minnesota. What a change. I feel so excited...though right now my aches and pains of the day are catching up to me...
I am so blessed. So blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment