Saturday, October 4, 2008

So it Begins...

Today was one of those days that punctuates life. Devin and Mark got married today - so it begins. What a great day - a day of beauty, a day of joy, a day of love, and a day of laughter. So it begins...

A week ago I experienced my last day of work with EBC. Today is my last day as a MN resident until....I don't know when. Tomorrow I jump in my very full car and begin the trek to ATL. So it begins...I am not sure that Megan or I will fit. The car is that full!

After some quiet and meaningful moments with dear friends and my parents, tomorrow we will drive through Wisconsin, Illinois, Kentucky, and almost through Tennessee. We are going to have a full day! 

Monday we will pull into the Alpharetta area of Georgia and so it begins....

We're going to spend some time in the city on Tuesday - Atlanta Botanical Gardens and the Coca-Cola Factory. Probably Centennial Park and the CNN building. So it begins...

But there will be time when Megan gets on a plane to come back to MN and I will be in Georgia. So it begins....the reality of the adventure is settling in. WOW. It's here. These are the moments that I was excited about weeks ago...and now...it begins...

I am such a grateful woman. I have phenomenal parents who give love unconditionally and humor authentically. I have a sister who is going to keep me company while I summon the courage to begin the life I have accepted in ATL. I have friends who see my heart and wouldn't let me stay here in light of the position that I have been offered in ATL. With these people on my side - I can be empowered to reach high, aim higher, and praise God. 

So it begins...

No comments: