Monday, October 13, 2008

A New Job

I began a new job today. Wow, been a long time since I have done that. It was good, even if I had to spend a lot of time learning and navigating through a database. Me - a database. Me...navigating through a database. Me. That's so not something I spent much time doing in my old position, because I wasn't so good at it. I was the crazy creative odd ball. BUT, I have to say, I did okay. I did okay. And I will have to use it each and every day. Praise God for his challenges and mercies each day. 

I am working with TownLoafer magazine as the Marketing Executive. With this economy, I will spend most of my time in sales, to keep up the accounting, but long term I will spend time with writing, editing, and leadership of the sales team. 

The Invest team is all getting together on Wednesday for some Catalyst Conference discussion and some preparation for Kenya. 

We have our first Kenya team meeting on Thursday. WAHOO! It's so great to have the team together in one spot for learning and relationships. Can't wait to learn more.

For months, I have felt a nudging to shift how I approach my time with God. What I was doing was boring to me and I felt stagnant. Well, I haven't altered my schedule yet, but do feel rejuvenated and on the path to being inspired. I need rest. I need the change. And I welcome the new insights, new mercies, new grace, new friends, and new revival that is going on within my heart. 

It's a great day! Praise God. 

No comments: