Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Isaiah 49

"Before I was born the Lord called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name." (vs. 1) 
Isaiah is telling the nations (who - as I can discern - aren't great listeners) that the Mighty God called him to speak like a "sharpened sword" (vs. 2) and that he (Isaiah) was known before His birth. And from birth, God made Isaiah known as a prophet. Before He was born, Isaiah was called. Do you think that is the same truth for you and I?

"He said to me, 'You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.' But I said, 'I have labored to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing. Yet what is due me is in the Lord's hand, and my reward is with my God."
(vss. 3-4)
God will reveal His goodness, grandness, and vastness through Isaiah. The splendor of God is seen through Isaiah. And as Isaiah works, he toils to no avail - as the Word reads. BUT, BUT, BUT....Isaiah is convinced that the reward he could get is with God. God is the judge of what that will look like and if it will happen. Oh, that I would surrender and live with such peace as I labor. 

"In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you." (vs. 8)
So the Lord Says. I have come to a point of full belief that God is who He says He is. He just is. He is full of favor, He is Mighty. He is the Redeemer. He is splendid. He is bright. He is lovely. He is pure. He is true. He is now. He is future. He is forever. He is not without cause, justice, resources, compassion, or love. He is here. 

"Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed." (vs. 23)
I have hope; when I don't know what to say, do, think, or act. I have hope when I am tired, and spent, finished, or wiped out. I have hope on adventures, with enthusiasm, when it's colorful. I am not disappointed. He IS. 

"Then all mankind will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." (vs. 26)
All Mankind. OH THAT IT WERE TRUE. So many avoid looking. So many hear words, but don't understand. Many have never been exposed. Some have chosen not to listen. What a terrifying thought - to be eternally separated from HIM THAT IS MOST PERFECT. Our human minds can understand perfection - why would we want to live without access to that? And PERFECT is just the beginning of the traits of God that we can enjoy, worship, adore, and reflect upon for an eternity. When we give our lives to Christ. All mankind can do that. I know my Savior.

I think on Isaiah 49 and I praise God. I praise God for His Words to me. Right when I need him. I have no reason to doubt. I have no reason to worry on this adventure. I was called out before birth and spoken of often since then. I am not, but I know I AM. I have a Savior and a Redeemer. He is mighty and His heritage precedes himself.  

"If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking"
Eddie Kirkland

No comments: