Today was a GORGEOUS fall day. If I haven't said it in the past, I am not going to let the weather be a major topic of conversation in my blogging. WHY? You cannot change it - only God controls it - and I can modify my attitude towards how it affects my life. BUT...BUT, this is my first fall in Georgia. And I have to say, to have fall longer than 2 weeks is amazing. Amazing. :) I may be the only person in flip flops and capris or short sleeves, but I don't care. I love it!!
The leaves are just starting to turn colors from green. A car trip happened today up through the mountains to Blue Ridge and Ellijay, GA. We were quite close to North Carolina too. We swerved and dashed upon the windy road up into the mountains. The trees were hovering and encouraging our van to continue on. The views were breathtaking. The mountains were friendly and enticing. The wind was forceful, but didn't phase us at all. The kids did a pretty good job on the car ride. And I must say, I did not get too car sick. WHICH is great, considering that I am about to embark on a trip to Africa where there is no telling how transportation will be.
Anyway, we got some great photos of the trip. Enjoyed some homemade ice cream (peach - I figured that since I AM in Georgia, I should give it a try -- very good) at an orchard in East Ellijay on the way home. And to calm McCall down (Christian's friend) we bought boiled peanuts. YES, you heard that right. McCall kept telling us how he loves to suck the juice out of the shell and then take the shell out to crack it open and begin eating the peanuts. I cannot even tell you how un-appetizing that sounds to me. And the smell is awful. BUT, the kids enjoyed the treat and it wasn't talked about anymore. In fact, they all feel asleep. :) Side note - there are a million side-of-the-road salesmen of boiled peanuts, but I have seen some signs read, "Bold penuts" These people have written it how they say it - and there isn't the "oi" in their words....uffda.....
It was a great day for a mountain side adventure. The hills and crevices and plateaus in between peaks held farms, ranches, and homes that you wish your in-laws, friends, or retired grandparents owned, so that you could visit. There were streams and pastures with animals everywhere. I was the only adult who wasn't convinced that I could live there. But I am convinced that I could retreat in that area OFTEN. So beautiful, serene, radiant, and peaceful. Lovely.
The most recent adventures in daily life have left me without a paying job. I gave up the one I had - I wasn't a bad hire, just not the right one. So, I am back to the drawing board. I am not fearful, I don't think. But if I was honest, it is a bit stressful. Especially considering that there is much to finalize in preparation for Kenya. And for when I return. I have no choice - no option - but to believe that God's economy is wiser, stronger, faster, and more miraculous than ours. And I choose Him. I do.
The curriculum for the kids/youth in Kenya is shaping up well. I am excited that I get to work to pull it all together so that we can leave these "ministry packets" with the churches and leaders for future use. We're compiling supply lists and contacting local organizations for their donations. Who knows what we can find! :)
Oh and by the way, on the bottom of this blog page is a video that someone made for me. I think it's brilliant. I cannot help that musicals make me laugh and allow me to smile. :) It's the play of theatre and the imaginative characters that illuminate my heart. It certainly isn't the reality of it. It's innocent, I'd like to think....
....Learning to be obedient for today....
And today had me out exploring God's gorgeous creation. I praise Him for His creativity!
No comments:
Post a Comment