Tuesday, October 11, 2011

= AS =

the word "AS" can be four parts of speech:: 


adverb -  
equally; to the same extent or degree.     "Music is important in a culture, but certainly literature is as important."


conjunction -  
in the same way or manner that; to the same degree that.     "She learns as fast as he does."


pronoun -  
a fact that. 
     "As you know, I have resigned."


preposition - 
in the function or position of.     "He is serving as temporary director."
Thank you wordsmyth.net for your incredible help (a child's online educational source, for me, a grown up -- love when that happens). 
I was struck the other day, less by this discovery, as I was by the strength of these two words in a sentence: Christ as life. It isn't that Christ is like life. It isn't that Christ brings life. It's that Christ is the SOURCE, the outlet or plug in or power box or battery, of life. 
How long have I lived with Christ as my teammate or co-pilot? How long have I seen his footsteps on the shore next to mine? That is great and all, because he truly is with us (for sure for sure for sure), but Christ is the Source and the Author of life. That's way better than having him be my teammate or my leader. Those imply, to me anyway, a time that could involve separation, but if Christ IS Life, then there is no separation of He and I, Me and Him ever. Ever. 
Christ in me. Me in Christ. 

Colossians 1:27

"which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

Colossians 3:3

"your life is hidden with Christ in God."




1 Corinthians 3:23

"and you are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s."


Oh and if you want to know, many times the word "as" is translated from the word "hosper" in greek which means "just as, even as" (thank you blueletterbible.org)

No comments: