Micah 7:7 (NASB)
God Is the Source of Salvation and Light
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD;
I will wait for the God of my salvation.
My God will hear me."
I will wait for the God of my salvation.
My God will hear me."
for further reading::: Hab 2:1 Ps 130:5; Is 25:9 Ps 4:3
What a gorgeous expression! Seriously, the author writes of this, even in knowing that there are other options to choose from. The author is definining his choice....makes me so aware that i have a choice - not a law.
i love the imagery of watching with expectancy...with HOPE. observing, sensing, looking for...with Hope. because of God's nature.
Waiting for God - that is a choice and a submission. looking for god and doing for god and responding to god are a bit active and mobile. waiting on god is submissive and surrendered. actively prayerful, yes. intentionally surrendered,yes. What I love too, is that the author knows this - it's the God of his salvation that he's waiting on. Not just some god somewhere. The God who saved him.
Waiting for God - that is a choice and a submission. looking for god and doing for god and responding to god are a bit active and mobile. waiting on god is submissive and surrendered. actively prayerful, yes. intentionally surrendered,yes. What I love too, is that the author knows this - it's the God of his salvation that he's waiting on. Not just some god somewhere. The God who saved him.
My God, wow, such ownership and keenly illustrative of relationship between the Source and the author. god listens, he can ascertain our voice. he knows us.
What glory and beauty of "Here I am!" to the question "Where are you?" - presence, participation!
And you know what? God answers "Here I am!" to the question "Where are You?!" He is with us because that is his nature, not simply his doing.
And you know what? God answers "Here I am!" to the question "Where are You?!" He is with us because that is his nature, not simply his doing.
What i find is that when i desire to hold it together or to remain in hiding, from relationships or self or maybe even god, then i am worn out and tired. i am afraid of the flesh and the sins that happen in my life, which likely perpetuates the cycle. but the more free i grow, and the more brokenness i let occur, the more postured i am to listen to the father's voice; the more matter-of-fact sins become. because i am able to sit with elevated perspective and see the sins for what they are: not me. common (or not) manifestations of me trying to figure out life (flesh). they can be flicked away and just noted as "whoops." because God is right there, not surprised and unshaken. the more free & honest i grow (more aware of God's voice, more aware of the Spirit's interceding), the more free i am talk to about the sins or fleshly things (fear, withdrawing, anxiety..) that linger in my life....
my god hears me. he hears me loud and clear. i am not unknown to him, not one iota. but as for me, i am watching for the Lord - I am setting my gaze, choosing today to listen and be postured for Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment